05 Oct Maxwell GeoServices | Client Solutions | St Ives
Maxwell GeoServices recently enjoyed the challenge of working with St Ives, a gold mine wholly owned by Gold Fields Limited, to provide a solution for the management of their hyperspectral data for their 3.3MOz Resource operation in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia.
The key objective of this work was to provide and assist St Ives with a hyperspectral* solution for importing and reporting of hyperspectral data within the DataShed Database.
Maxwell GeoServices worked to achieve the following with St Ives:
- Modify assay contract and sample dispatch for sample collection and dispatch requirements
- Hyperspectral assay configuration for normalised Assay and Flat Assay tables
- Creation of import layouts for Hyperspectral SIF Files
- Testing import layouts with DataShed and Automatic Assay Loader for Hyperspectral SIF Files
- ASD Exports to include ME, AU and ASD data
- Hyperspectral assay batches imported automatically into the database
- Assay contract and dispatch details recorded and used for reporting purposes
- Export provided displaying ASD Results with Au, Multielement, Lithology, and Alteration
A Comment from St Ives
“Maxwell did a fantastic job of providing us with a rapid solution for hyperspectral data management. We now have 30 hyperspectral batches being auto-loaded every week and can view results with other downhole assaying and geology.”
– Unit Manager Resource Geology, Goldfields Perth.
About Gold Fields Limited
Gold Fields Limited is a globally diversified producer of gold with eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa. Its annual gold-equivalent production is approximately 2.2 million ounces.
Gold Fields’ mining assets in Australia include 100% interest is St Ives mine in Western Australia. For more information, please visit www.goldfields.co.za
Maxwell GeoServices data management application, DataShed, brings together the strategy and operational data for mining and/or exploration business into a single platform.
DataShed data management application has three modules and depending on corporate requirements they can be implemented as a whole or in sections.
This integrated solution to data management empowers every department to add value to all phases of the exploration and mining process. The solution supports strategy and workflows and provides structure and process to manage and interpret resource data.
Geological Module – The Geological Module will manage all data from grassroots exploration through to the geological model and resource/reserve estimates.
Grade Control Module – The Grade Control Module is a seamless addition to the Geological Module. The Grade Control Module will manage all data from activities associated with grade control activity.
Production Module – The Production Module, which includes the Geological and Grade Control Modules, will manage data from drill and blast, material movement, ROM and Crush and Grind, through to Reconciliation reporting.
For more information on DataShed, please visit our website www.maxwellgeoservices.com/datashed
* For those of you unfamiliar with the term, hyperspectral imaging is when you collect and process information from across the electromagnetic spectrum. The aim is to identify the spectrum of each pixel in the image of a scene so that you can find objects, identify materials or detect processes.